Sunday, February 1, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Micah called last night to wish his sister a happy birthday. It was great to talk to him and he mailed me a whole packet of things to post here as well to include in the book of poetry I am putting together with his poetry.

We chatted about the Super Bowl, of course. I told him not to call me back tonight unless the Cards won! He laughed. He was a little upset because after six months of the exact same menu, on the exact same nights they have changed his menu.

Now that may not sound like a big deal to those of us who have a choice about what and when and where we eat. But when it is all you measure the time by and the only thing you have to look forward to some days, it is very important.

I asked Micah one time what was the worst thing about jail. He told me, "you know Mom, I hate jail, and I hate spincah. And on the days when they serve spinach to us I just hang my head and cry in my spinach." I imagine there will be a poem for that one for sure!

He is doing good as can be expected. We are all praying for him as he faces the decision of taking his case to trial or not. It is a big decision with some serious reprucussions if he does not win. It is at a real crucial point and we have fasted for him today and continue to pray for him at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment