Saturday, March 28, 2009

YOGA

Micah has been doing yoga. He took yoga in school classes last year at school and has been practicing it once again. I'm pretty sure he is the only one in Coconino County jail practicing yoga, but I could be wrong. He has asked his dad to send him some workouts as well as some Tai Chi work outs.
One day last week he worked out two and a half hours in one day. When he calls me and they come on to tell me that I have a call from an inmate he always identifies himself as "Mr. Musculo". That is the name of a guy on a commercial here in Costa Rica, and it is pretty funny. Of course doing 2,000 push-ups a day I'm sure he is pretty much Mr. Musculo!
The news of the day is that Micahs' attorney will be meeting with the prosecutor and his boss on Monday. They will be discussing Micahs' sentence. That sounds so bizarre to me. "Hey guys you want to get together and maybe talk about this 18 year olds next five or ten years?" Like isn't that something that should really take lots of time, thought, pondering, getting to know the kid, his case etc?
I am obviously very biased, but I would surely suggest this for any kid they were discussing the fate of. Even the other two boys who are as I have mentioned at home enjoying the company of friends and family as I write.
Anyway we will know more after Monday, probably not much more than we can talk about, but maybe. Micah read me a great poem that he wrote about the Indian guy that he saw get hit and killed on highway 89 one night when I was bringing him home from work.
I had caught only a brief view of a tennis shoe flying through the air, but he saw the whole thing. Once we turned around and went back he went to see if he could help the poor guy dying in the street, and I went to help the poor girl that had hit him. It was pretty traumatic, and next thing I knew Micah was sitting on the curb holding his head in his hands and trying not to pass out! That is a Neumann thing the passing out.
He ended up being a witness, and was also a witness to a death there that night on Highway 89. His poem was great, and I told him I can see he remembered that night very well. He said "heck yeah I saw that guy get hit and killed, of course I remember that". I did remind him that he did not include the part about him almost passing out in the poem. Of course he just said Ha Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment