Saturday, March 21, 2009

TWILIGHT OF THE IDOLS

Micah has been excited about reading a new book that the librarian has shared with him. Thank you whoever the kind librarian that even gives a care what my big hearted inmate reads! She found him a book of poetry and is bringing him some more books she thought he would be interested in.
The book he is into right now is "Twilight of the Idols" by Friedrich Nietzsche. In looking up the author I discovered he was 19th century German philosopher who wrote on religion, morality, culture, philosophy and science.
He was born Oct. 15th 1844 and died August 25th 1900. He was famous for his anti-God stance and his anti morality stance. Of course like lots of authors of that period he was not famous until he had died of senility.
I will include some of Micahs' favorite quotes from the book tomorrow when I am able to talk to him a little bit more.
Micah is now working out two and a half hours a day. He was supposed to do 2,000 push-ups today. I am anxious to see if he completed them or not. I am just glad he has been busy and trying to keep the mind from worrying about what is going to happen this week, or not happen.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robbie...Just wanted to let you know and maybe if you talk to Micah again before wednesday that I did some switching around at work and looks like I will probably be able to be there for the hearing...not a for sure thing but I took one step closer today. Although, and don't tell him this, I may be unemployed by then and then it will be a for sure thing Please tell him as well that there should be 2 letters coming this week...the jail has been holding them and he hasn't gotten them in a timely manner...he thought I forgot about him and didn't love him any more...I assured him nothing could be farther from the truth and he is stuck with me no matter what but then of course that is in the letters and who knows when they will get to him. good to hear he has gotten some good reading material and he is moving right along with his push ups!! he will be totally buff...lol did he tell you about the dream I had...I don't know who needs it more but I sure would like to just give him a hug!!! is his brother coming back, or is he down there for good? anyway, let me know if there is anything I can do and please reassure him when you talk to him that I am not going anywhere, he has my unwavering support always. Keele

    ReplyDelete