Tuesday, March 3, 2009

SAD CALL

I am happy to say that Micah finally called last night and was bummed out. That may sound weird but I felt like he needed to finally let his guard down a bit and share how he was really feeling. His Dad told him that it is ok to be down once in awhile, especially in his circumstances. He seems to feel that he has to stay upbeat all the time.

When we visited him in Oct. I told him it was o.k. if he wanted to tell me how awful it was. I assured him he did not need to keep upbeat for me. He told me "for you? I am trying to stay upbeat for myself!"

He is even to the point of not taking it to trial just so that he can get to prison sooner and get out of county. There are advantages as well as disadvantages of prison. He is just ready to find out what is going to happen and not sit around wondering all the time what is going to happen to him.

I feel like the procecuting is prolonging his hearing for this very reason. The county of course does not want the expense and time of going to trial. If you wait in county long enough you will take just about anything to get out of there. He will be at the 8 month mark next week.

If any of you out there were thinking about writing letters, or cards this would be a good time to do it. He is having a pretty rough time of it right now. That call last night was the very first time in the past six months that he has called just out of the blue because he had had a rough day. Lots of prayers would be good right now also.

No comments:

Post a Comment