Tuesday, March 10, 2009

NEW BOOK

I received two books in the mail today. They are true lifesavers and I truly wish I had had them sooner. The are both by an author Carol Kent. Her only son is serving a life sentence with no chance for parole for murder one.
The first book is When I Lay My Isaac Down, the second one is A New Kind of Normal. It was so nice to find someone that I could relate to. She knows the feelings of failure, regret, sadness, and just pure frustration that accompany a tale like Micahs.
I just kept shaking my head at the feelings she experienced which only a mother can relate to. Not my husband, nor any of the kids. They all have their own kind of grief over the whole thing, but only a mother can relate to a mother who has lost a son to the prison system.
I share this quote out of the first book:
"Life is very different than it was before. It's harder. More challenging. Agonizingly painful. But different in a good way too.
I've discovered the joy of simplicity. Jason's life is uncomplicated without the accumulation of "stuff," the pressures of career advancement, the exhausting drive to achieve status and to impress people.
I've learned that tears create a common ground with all classes of people. Pain is pain is pain is pain. Mothers who are hurting do not feel envious, spiteful, or resentful of other mothers who are hurting. Our shared heartache produces an instant connection not based on status, achievement, or income level."

All I can say to this is a huge AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment