Thursday, July 9, 2009

FINALLY

I finally got to talk to my boy today. I have so missed talking to him for the past 10 days and was very happy to be able to speak with him again. He is doing well and working hard on story number two. He is still hairy scary man and looking forward to his one year mark this week.

We will all celebrate on the 11th the passing of one year. I made the mistake of telling Micah that we were celebrating the year mark of one wasted year. I got a tongue lashing for that comment. As he pointed out he has not wasted the year at all.

He has spent the year doing lots of reading, writing and getting into shape. I guess I was just comparing it to all the things I feel he missed out on this year and thinking it was wasted. In fact it was not wasted at all and I am glad he can be so positive about it.

Now we are all looking forward to the day when we tick off the last day of his incarceration and we will certainly have the celebration to beat all celebrations on that fine day.

No comments:

Post a Comment