Monday, June 29, 2009

SALT

Micah is now saving recipes of foods he wants to eat once he is free again. Most of them include salt or sugar or both. When we talk I do not talk to him about food, it is just too sad. This is the boy who when he lived here in Costa Rica loved to go and get a big cola with me and a package of cookies. In fact when we were both trying to lose weight we only allowed them on weekends.

It seems he has finished his second short story and it is in the mail, can't wait to read it. I asked him last night if he was o.k. I told him he sounded a little blue. He assured me he is still very white and doing great. Sometimes I wish he would just break down and scream or cry or cuss or something, but he just tries to be upbeat and positive.

Like I have said before when I told him he did not need to be positive and upbeat just for me he assured me that it was for him that he was doing it, not me. It seems he does not get letters anymore from anyone but a few blessed saints, thank you to all you who take the time and energy to write letters, he loves them.

I told him in a letter that I wrote that I could not really write anything exciting on here, so maybe I should just make stuff up. I am reminded of my all time favorite movie, "Life is Beautiful" and maybe I should start telling Micah this is all just a game and the winner wins a tank!

No comments:

Post a Comment