Saturday, July 11, 2009

ONE YEAR DOWN.......

Today was double talk day and it was nice. It is one year since Micah went to Coconino County jail to report that some guys were trying to kill him and got arrested. When we talked today I told him how proud I am of him for staying sane and keeping his chin up.He is still waiting, as he will be for quite awhile.

When we talk we talk about the latest story he is writing and if he got my cards and letters for the week. This week he was commenting on a card that I sent him celebrating his one year mark. I had forgotten that in the picture there was a bagel sitting next to me on the grass. Big no no! We don't ever talk about food or send pictures of food, too difficult for him.

After I assured him that it was just a bagel and not a doughnut he did feel a little better. I asked him if he wanted me to send him a picture of all his favorite foods, he said absolutely not!

He is looking forward to the day when he gets to prison and is able to enjoy the food day visits. Some prisons make a day that family can bring you food. I don't know if he would be happier to see us or the food! A close tie I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment