Saturday, May 2, 2009

NEWS FLASH

So I have been lax in my reporting skills, sorry. I usually only read the news coming out of Flagstaff when I absolutely have to, or when I know of a development. I have to apologize for my lousy reporting in not reporting that Jesse Collier is back in Coconino County Jail.
Evidently he decided to accept his plea of manslaughter and a testimony against Hamilton for a 7-20 yr sentence. That of course according to the newspaper, which I'm not in any way sure if it is the truth.
This may be the reason for the change in the hearing, the one that we don't know if it is going to happen or not. I will know by Monday if there will be a hearing or not.
We do hope you all can make it for the hearing should it happen. The newspaper was very quick to point out that Collier was such a good boy, and had lots of family and community support. I guess dealing drugs and wearing a bullet proof vest don't count against "good boy" status anymore. Also not sure whether to believe that one since it came from the same source that said Micah had no family members present at his hearing, when in fact there has never been a hearing that he did not have a family member present for.
I'm sure all of you that have tried to visit Micah know how difficult that is, community support, ha?

1 comment:

  1. its actually Jesse Collier who is in jail now, and Ben Hamilton who is not

    ReplyDelete