Friday, February 10, 2012

8 MONTHS!!!!

So I have been looking forward and counting the days that I could write this post. Eight months and counting.

I really did not expect the time to go so darn sloooowwwww! I can imagine if it is going this slow for me it is crawling for Micah.

We spent most of Jan. and part of Feb. not being able to make phone calls. I sure missed hearing his voice and talking to him. Now he has leveled up and gets his full day of visits on Sat and Sun and unlimited phone calls. Cool!

Micah did receive a surprise visitor last Saturday. I had warned him to expect someone on Sat. so he was waiting. I know how painful it is for him to wait for his visits so I really encouraged his visitor to be on time. I just forgot to tell her he was at Eagle Point and not Barchey.

She had to go through all the bells and whistles to get into Barchey only to be told he had been moved many moons ago to Eagle Point. So she was about an hour late. When she asked him if he had given up on her he said that yes he was in fact freaking out.

Micah has a new job working in the kitchen. He starts work around four in the morning and works until the afternoon. I wish he was learning a valuable skill like they brag about their jobs creating, but learning to slop mess really does not count as a valuable job skill.

Now if they taught bar tending classes or construction jobs, since that seems to be all an ex con can get, they might be a little more on target.

No comments:

Post a Comment