Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sad Letter

Received this week from Micah:

"Man I'da gone crazy, nigga, done lost my mind if I wuz you! Twenty two GD months up in here!"

It was odd to have the drastic details of my life reiterated to me so bluntly. Many people coming and going, for domestic disputes or public intoxication, fail to recognize the actual circumstances of this hell they pass through-while they moan night after night about the thirty days they're doing in county.

But here it was, being placed directly in front of me, not intentionally, but, none the less it was there to ponder. Two years and this morning I lay holding my bladder because the restroom is the bedroom, therefore, somebody was sleeping in my restroom. Aimlessly angry, I began pondering every aspect of my dull life, soon realizing it was nearly identical to my last writing.

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment